Royal Cashew Brittle
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped raw cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- In heavy medium saucepan combine sugar, syrup and water. Cook over medium
heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Cook without stirring to
the hard ball stage, 260 degrees F.
- Stir in nuts and salt and continue cooking to the hard crack stage, 290
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Let cool for about 5 minutes, until
it can be handled.
- Working quickly, stretch brittle with greased fingers to about 16 x 12 inches.
- Cool completely and break into pieces.
- To store, place pieces in layers in airtight containers with wax paper between
Keeps well in refrigerator up to 1 month.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Brittle, Brickle and Toffee Recipes