Southwestern Chex Brittle
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocktail peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 5 cups Corn Chex cereal
- Heat brown sugar, corn syrup, water and salt to 250 degrees F (hard ball)
in heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add nuts. Continue cooking over low heat to 285 degrees F (brittle in cold
water). Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in baking soda and butter.
- Working quickly, stir in Chex to coat all pieces.
- Spread onto greased baking sheet.
- Separate into thin layer with greased fork.
- Break into bite-size pieces.
Makes about 1 pound.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Brittle, Brickle and Toffee Recipes