Spicy Nut Brittle
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco brand pepper sauce
- Heat sugar, corn syrup and water to boiling in heavy 2-quart saucepan over
high heat, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Set candy thermometer in place and continue cooking until thermometer reaches
300 degrees F or hard-crack stage (when a small amount of mixture dropped into
very cold water separates into hard and brittle threads.)
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in nuts, butter, baking soda and Tabasco sauce.
- Immediately pour into large, greased cookie sheet. With two forks, quickly
stretch nut mixture to cover entire cookie sheet.
- Allow brittle to cool completely.
- Break into pieces.
Makes about 1 1/2 pounds.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Brittle, Brickle and Toffee Recipes