Tollhouse Cookie Brittle
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nuts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine butter, vanilla extract and salt and gradually beat in sugar.
- Add flour and chocolate bits and mix well.
- Press into an ungreased 15 x 10 x 3-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool, then break into irregular pieces and drain on white paper towels.