Almond Cream Cheese Buttons
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 to 7 dozen whole almonds
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- Candy paper cups
- Mix together cream cheese and almond extract. Gradually add 2 to 2 1/2 cups confectioners'
sugar. Knead until no longer sticky. Shape into 3/4-inch thick balls. Roll in confectioners'
sugar. Flatten balls by pressing an almond into the center.
- Set in candy paper cups.
Let dry at room temperature.
- Store loosely covered in the refrigerator.
Makes 6 to 7 dozen candies.