- 5 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 14 ounces shredded or flaked coconut
- 24 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup whole dry roasted almonds
- Blend the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Add the confectioners'
sugar to the mixture a little at a time, stirring until smooth. Stir in the coconut.
The mixture should be firm. Pat the mixture firmly into a greased 9 x 13 x 2-inch
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- In a double boiler over hot, not boiling water, melt the chocolate, stirring
often. You may also use a microwave. Remove the coconut mixture from the refrigerator
and cut it into 1 x 2-inch bars. Put 2 whole almonds atop each bar. Set each coconut
bar onto a fork and dip it into the chocolate. Tap the fork against the side of
the pan or bowl to remove any excess chocolate.
- Air dry at room temperature on wax
paper for several hours. You may speed up the process by putting in the refrigerator
for 30 minutes.