- 5 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 14 ounces shredded or flaked coconut
- 24 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup whole dry roasted almonds
- Blend the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Add the confectioners'
sugar to the mixture a little at a time, stirring until smooth. Stir in the coconut.
The mixture should be firm. Pat the mixture firmly into a greased 9 x 13 x 2-inch
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- In a double boiler over hot, not boiling water, melt the chocolate, stirring
often. You may also use a microwave. Remove the coconut mixture from the refrigerator
and cut it into 1 x 2-inch bars. Put 2 whole almonds atop each bar. Set each coconut
bar onto a fork and dip it into the chocolate. Tap the fork against the side of
the pan or bowl to remove any excess chocolate.
- Air dry at room temperature on wax
paper for several hours. You may speed up the process by putting in the refrigerator
for 30 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.