- 8 medium-size apples, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unflavored powdered gelatine
- 1/4 pound walnuts, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, pulp strained out
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a pan, combine the apples with half of the water, and cook the fruit until
it is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Press the cooked apples through a sieve and add the brown sugar. Stirring often,
cook the mixture over low heat until it is thick, about 30 minutes.
- Soften the gelatine in remaining water. Add the softened gelatine to the hot
apple mixture and stir until the gelatine dissolves. Chill the mixture until it
thickens slightly. Stir in the walnuts and the lemon juice.
- Pour the candy into a dampened pan measuring 8 x 12 x 1 1/4 inches. The candy
layer should be about 1/2 inch deep. Chill the candy thoroughly, then cut it into
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and the cornstarch, and roll the squares
in this mixture.
Yield: about 3 pounds
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 4:59:24pm 10/15/03
Source: Apple Kitchen Cook Book
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.