Make these a month before Christmas, then stash in a cool place until ready to
- 16 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11 ounces dried apricots
- 1 cup pecans, fine chopped
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- Run apricots through grinder.
- Mix sugar, butter, orange juice and vanilla extract. Put sugar mixture and ground
apricots in a plastic bag and knead until well blended. Form into 1-inch balls.
Roll in chopped pecans.
- Place coconut in a bowl and flatten the apricot balls in the coconut with the
bottom of a glass, turn over and flatten again so coconut is pressed into both sides.
Adjust pressure so the nuggets are about 3/8 inch thick.
- Layer with wax paper in plastic containers with tight fitting lids.
- Store in a cool dark place for 2 to 4 weeks. Flavor improves with age.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.