Bittersweet Chocolate Covered Cherries
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 strips (1 x 2 inches each) lemon zest
- 2 dozen cherries with stems, pitted
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Combine the wine, sugar and zest in a small heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Add the cherries and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let the cherries cool in the pan.
- Remove the cherries from the saucepan and drain thoroughly.
- Holding each cherry by its stem, dip into the melted bittersweet chocolate.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
Per serving: 51 calories; 2.5 g fat (1.5 g saturated fat; 44 percent calories
from fat); 7 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 1 mg sodium; 0.5 g protein; 1 g
Source: Chocolate Astrology
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Confection Recipes