Brandied Chocolate Covered Cherries
If you desire a non-alcoholic version, do not soak cherries in brandy. Proceed
with the, omitting that step.
- 50 maraschino cherries, well drained
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds dipping chocolate, white or dark
- Pour brandy over drained cherries; let set for two days.
- Combine butter, corn syrup and salt; blend until smooth.
- Add confectioners' sugar and mix well. Knead until smooth and shiny; wrap in wax paper and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain cherries well on paper towels; pat dry. Shape a marble-size piece of fondant around each cherry; place on wax paper-lined tray.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate over hot water, stirring constantly. Dip cherries and place on wax paper-lined tray.
- Place in refrigerator to set.
- Store in covered container in a cool, dark place for 10 to 14 days to fully ripen and to attain the "liquidy" inside.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.