Brandied Chocolate Covered Cherries
If you desire a non-alcoholic version, do not soak cherries in brandy. Proceed
with the, omitting that step.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 50 maraschino cherries, well drained
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds dipping chocolate, white or dark
- Pour brandy over drained cherries; let set for two days.
- Combine butter, corn syrup and salt; blend until smooth.
- Add confectioners' sugar and mix well. Knead until smooth and shiny; wrap in wax paper and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain cherries well on paper towels; pat dry. Shape a marble-size piece of fondant around each cherry; place on wax paper-lined tray.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate over hot water, stirring constantly. Dip cherries and place on wax paper-lined tray.
- Place in refrigerator to set.
- Store in covered container in a cool, dark place for 10 to 14 days to fully ripen and to attain the "liquidy" inside.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Confection Recipes