Butter Toffee Pretzels
- 10 cups regular shaped salted pretzels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter flavor
- Put pretzels into a large baking pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray;
- In a saucepan over low heat place corn syrup, sugars, salt and butter; mix well.
When mixture is melted and starts to bubble lightly, place lid on pan for 30 seconds.
After 30 seconds remove lid and stir with a clean spoon. This will help prevent
any sugar or salt crystals from getting back into the syrup mixture. Turn temperature
down and let boil gently for five minutes. Stir frequently while cooking. When mixture
has cooked for 5 minutes, remove from heat add baking soda and stir. Make sure all
baking soda has been mixed through, the sugar will foam and this normal. Add butter
flavoring and stir well. Pour hot toffee mixture over pretzels. Stir, making sure
all pretzels are coated.
- Place pretzels in a preheated oven at 225 degrees F. Every 15 minutes stir pretzels
to coat with toffee mixture. Bake these for 60 minutes.
- When finished baking, remove
from oven and pour onto a non-stick surface. Plastic wrap works well and there is
little mess to clean up.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.