Tasty enough for any occasion, these haystacks are mounded with a mixture of peanut butter, butterscotch morsels, marshmallows and chow mein noodles. To enjoy in a snap, make them the microwave way.
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8.5 ounce) can or 2 (5 ounce) cans chow mein noodles
- 3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Line trays with wax paper.
- Microwave morsels in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%)
power for 1 minute; stir. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
- Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; toss until all ingredients are coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared trays.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Prep: 10 min | Cooking: 2 min | Yield: 72 candies
Double Boiler Method: Place morsels in top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water. Do not cover. When most of the morsels are shiny, stir just until melted. (Prevent water from coming in contact with morsels.) Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Transfer to large bowl. Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; proceed as above.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com