- 1 cup flowers*
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- Use only clean flowers which have not been sprayed with chemicals. Flowers should
be freshly-picked and dry. Small flowers such as violets should be candied whole;
candy the individual petals of larger flowers.
- Using a soft brush, coat each flower
petal with egg white.
- Dip the flowers into superfine sugar and place them on a rack
to dry. If dipping does not coat the flower surfaces thoroughly, sift a little additional
sugar over them.
* Flowers: Clover, chrysanthemums, crab apple blossoms, day lilies, daisies, dandelions,
elderberry blossoms, freesias, geraniums, gladioluses, lilacs, marigolds, nasturtiums,
orange blossoms, pansies, primroses, roses and violets.