- 1 egg white (use powdered egg whites to avoid salmonella)
- 100 proof vodka
- Superfine granulated sugar
- Thin artist's paintbrush
- Violets, pansies,
Johnny-jump-ups, rose petals, lilac, borage, pea, pinks, scented geraniums
- Beat egg whites until frothy. Add a couple of drops of vodka to help the flowers
- Using fresh picked flowers, paint each flower individually with beaten
egg white using the artist's paintbrush. When thoroughly coated, sprinkle with
fine sugar and place on the wire rack to dry.
- Flowers are completely dry when stiff
and brittle to the touch. They can be stored in an airtight container and put in
the freezer for up to a year. A simple bakery cake can be turned into a work of
art by garnishing with candies flowers.
Idea: Try a chocolate cake decorated with fresh raspberries and candied rose
Posted by JBic01 at Recipe Goldmine 5/13/02 7:13:12 am.