- 90 pecan halves (about 1 1/2 cups), toasted
- 1/2 (14 ounce) package (about
25) vanilla caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces,
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Butter foil. On a prepared baking sheet, arrange
pecans in groups of three, placing flat side of pecan halves down; set baking sheet
- In a heavy 1-quart saucepan, combine caramels and water. Cook over low heat,
stirring constantly, until caramels are melted and smooth.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Drop about 1 teaspoon melted caramel mixture onto
each group of pecans. Let stand about 20 minutes or until caramel mixture is firm.
- With a narrow metal spatula, spread a small amount of melted chocolate over top
of each caramel center. Let stand until firm.
- When firm, remove candy from baking sheet. Store tightly covered.
Makes 30 pieces.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens Candy