Chile Chocolate Drops
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 box powdered sugar
- Up to 3 tablespoons evaporated
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 4 tablespoons powdered habaneros
cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Extra powdered chile
- In a mixer or processor bowl, combine the butter, sugar and 2 tablespoons milk.
Beat until blended. Add the cocoa and chile. Beat again to blend thoroughly.
- If the dough is firm enough, remove it from the bowl and knead more powdered
sugar into the dough. If still wet, divide the dough into two parts. Into half of
the dough, stir the chopped nuts.
- Drop the candies onto a nonstick baking pan, making small mounds. Leave the second
half of the mixture open to dry further.
- The second half of the dough can be rolled into balls 3/4-inch in diameter. Roll
each ball in more powdered chile.
- Put on a baking sheet and let rest at least 1
hour before serving.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 19, 2001
Source: Chile Head Mailing List - Posted by Elsa Altshool 25 Oct 1997