Chocolate Liqueur Shells
- 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 3 ounces milk chocolate
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon Tia Maria
- 1 tablespoon creme de menthe
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- Food coloring, if desired
- Chocolate Cases: Melt each chocolate in a different bowl.
- With a spoon, smear melted chocolate evenly over inside of 12 paper cups. Turn
cups upside down on a plate.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Gently peel off the paper. (The chocolate cases can be made ahead of time and stored in a cool, dry place.)
- Mousse: Slowly melt white chocolate. Remove from heat; quickly beat in egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Divide egg yolk mixture into
three separate bowls and add 1 teaspoon of a different liqueur to each bowl.
- Add a drop or two of green food coloring to bowl containing creme de menthe, if desired.
- A drop or two of yellow coloring can be added to Cointreau mixture.
- Gently fold a third of the egg whites into each of the bowls. Spoon into chocolate shells.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.