Chocolate Raisin Rum Drops (T&T)
I make these during Christmas to give out as gifts and for office parties. They are good!
Yield: about 48 mounds, depending on how large you make them
- 3 cups seedless raisins
- 1 cup light or dark rum
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Place raisins in a large bowl and add rum cover with plastic wrap. Let raisins soak for 3 hours. Drain raisins by putting in a strainer, do not press. (You can use the drained liquid for fruit compote or over ice cream.)
- Combine chocolate pieces and corn syrup in top of double boiler. Place over hot simmering water until chocolate melts and is smooth, stir occasionally, Remove from heat. Fold raisins into melted chocolate, coating well. drop by teaspoonful onto
wax or parchment paper.
- Chill until firm. Store in refrigerator.
When packing for gift giving, layer between two pieces of wax paper to prevent sticking or place into mini-paper liners.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine June 1, 2001.