Chocolate Rum Sticks
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 185g (6 ounces) dark chocolate
- 90g (3 ounces) butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 125g (4 ounces) dark chocolate extra
- 45g (1 1/2 ounces) solid white vegetable shortening
- Melt chocolate over hot water, allow to become cold but not set. Cream butter
until light and fluffy. Beat egg-yolk, gradually add creamed butter, about 1 tablespoon
at a time, beat until just blended. When chocolate is cold, gradually blend it into
the butter mixture, beat well.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes to stiffen slightly. Add rum,
mix well. Put mixture into piping bag fitted with 1 cm (1/2-inch) plain pipe, pipe
6cm (2 1/2-inch) sticks on to wax paper.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Melt extra chocolate and shortening over hot water, cool; when beginning to thicken,
dip sticks in to coat completely.
- Place on wax paper, refrigerate 10 minutes, then
decorate with remaining chocolate coating.
- Keep refrigerated.
Makes about 24.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/17/2002 11:06 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Confection Recipes