- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 8 ounces chopped dates
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Melt butter in the top of a double boiler over boiling water.
- Add dates and sugar. Cook mixture over boiling water for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cereal, nuts and vanilla extract.
- When just cool enough to handle, roll into small balls, and roll in confectioners' sugar.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.