- 1 pound macadamia nuts
- 14 ounces vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 11 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon white vegetable shortening
- Cover two cookie sheets with wax paper; coat with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange
macadamia nuts into 24 separate piles on the cookie sheets.
- Stirring constantly, melt the caramels with the cream in a small saucepan over
low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until smooth.
- While the caramel is still hot, quickly
spoon the caramel mixture over each nut group. Reheat the caramel if it gets too
- Stirring constantly, melt the chocolate chips with the shortening in another
small saucepan over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate
over the caramel and nuts; let stand until firm.
Makes 24 Turtles.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.