- 1 pound macadamia nuts
- 14 ounces vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 11 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon white vegetable shortening
- Cover two cookie sheets with wax paper; coat with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange
macadamia nuts into 24 separate piles on the cookie sheets.
- Stirring constantly, melt the caramels with the cream in a small saucepan over
low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until smooth.
- While the caramel is still hot, quickly
spoon the caramel mixture over each nut group. Reheat the caramel if it gets too
- Stirring constantly, melt the chocolate chips with the shortening in another
small saucepan over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate
over the caramel and nuts; let stand until firm.
Makes 24 Turtles.