- 2 cups ground almonds
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon rose
- 1 large egg white
- Fine Dutch cocoa (such as Droste Cocoa)
- Mix almonds, confectioners' sugar, rose water and egg in a blender or food
processor until very smooth.
- Wrap in a damp towel and allow to rest overnight.
- Take marzipan and roll into small 1-inch balls. Place cocoa, about 1/2 cup, into
a small bag and toss a marzipan ball into bag. Close bag and gently roll around
with your hands until the ball is covered in a light dusting of cocoa. The cocoa
will cause the balls to look remarkably like baby potatoes!
This recipe can be used to make a variety of shapes.
Instead of rolling
in cocoa, add paste food coloring to marzipan and shape into fruits, stars or any