- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup milk-flavored molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- In medium saucepan melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth.
Remove from heat.
- Stir in molasses, vanilla extract and ginger.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar, stirring with wooden spoon until stiff.
- Cover; chill for 1 hour.
- Divide mixture into fourths. Roll each portion into a 16-inch long x 1/2-inch
wide log. Cut each log crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Wrap each piece of candy individually in wax paper, twisting ends to seal.
Makes about 64 pieces.