- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup milk-flavored molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- In medium saucepan melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth.
Remove from heat.
- Stir in molasses, vanilla extract and ginger.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar, stirring with wooden spoon until stiff.
- Cover; chill for 1 hour.
- Divide mixture into fourths. Roll each portion into a 16-inch long x 1/2-inch
wide log. Cut each log crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Wrap each piece of candy individually in wax paper, twisting ends to seal.
Makes about 64 pieces.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.