Scotchy Pecan Critters
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 package milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt butterscotch chips with 1/3 cup sweetened
- Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar.
- Drop by small spoonsful onto
wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Arrange 3 pecans on each butterscotch drop.
- In large heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips with remaining sweetened
condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Remove from heat. Hold chocolate mixture over
- Drop chocolate by heaping spoonsful over pecan clusters.
- Chill for 2 hours,
or until firm.
- Store loosely covered in the refrigerator.
Makes about 5 dozen candies.
Source: Canadian Living, December 1991