These treats are high in calcium because sesame seeds are such a great source.
And of course milk is also a good source of calcium.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sesame seeds (white or brown)
- 3/4 cup milk powder (whole or nonfat) or protein powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in skillet. Add sesame seeds and toast lightly, stirring often.
- Sift in milk powder. Stir until mixed.
- Add honey and vanilla extract and mix well. Continue
to cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove and press into a nonstick pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 6/24/01 7:01:20 am.