Yield: 36 candies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Hershey's syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Marshmallow Creme
- Butter an 8 inch square pan.
- In heavy 3 quart saucepan, combine sugar, milk and syrup. cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until well blended. Continue to cook, without stirring, to 234 degrees F or until syrup, when dropped into very cold wave, forms a soft ball which flattens when removed from water (bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of saucepan).
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter, vanilla extract and Marshmallow Creme. Do not stir.
- Cool at room temperature to 110 degrees F (lukewarm).
- Beat with wooden spoon until fudge loses gloss. The fudge will hold its shape.
- Quickly spread into prepared pan; cool.
- Cut into squares.
Source: Hershey's 1934 Cookbook