Black Walnut Fantasy Fudge
This simple yet delicious fudge is sure to add that tradition of wonderful, wholesome treats to any holiday gathering.
Yield: about 3 pounds
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup black walnuts
- Stir together butter, sugar and milk in a heavy 2 1/2 to 3 quart saucepan. Bring to full boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes over medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in chocolate until melted.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square or 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Cut into squares.