Blueberry Cheesecake Euphoria Fudge
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (1/2 stick)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (or small 5 ounce can)
- 10-12 ounces vanilla chips
- 2-3 ounces Neufchatel cheese or cream cheese
- 1 (5 ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme (more than half but not all the jar)
- 1 1/2 cups dried blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon imitation butter flavor
- Previously set-aside 1-2 cups blueberries washed in lemon juice
- Make a small cut or hole in each berry and let dry on wax paper for 1 day
(until roughly the consistency of fresh raisins). The drying is important since
fresh fruits (which contain lots of water) can ruin fudge.
- Line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil and set aside. Let the cream
cheese come to room temperature.
- Heat milk at medium setting until warm then add sugar. Bring to a rolling
boil (medium-high) while stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Add the Marshmallow
Creme and butter. Bring back to a rolling boil for (5 1/2 minutes) by the clock
(start timing once the rolling boil resumes). Add the cream cheese to the boiling
mixture about 1 minute before the end of the boil. Cut into small sections to
allow easy melting.
- If you get brown flakes in the mixture then turn down the heat a little.
Remove from heat and add vanilla chips and blueberries. Stir until creamy and
all chips are melted. Now stir in vanilla extract and butter flavor. Mix thoroughly
and pour into prepared pan. Cool.
- Remove from pan, remove foil, cut into squares.
Variation: use dried cherries or apricots
Nuts may be added if desired.
Source: Original recipe. (c) 1997 Skaarup. May be copied without modification.
All rights reserved.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.