Butter Fudge 2
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter (no substitutes)
- 1 large
can evaporated milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts
- In a large saucepan, cook all ingredients together (except vanilla extract
and nuts) to soft ball.
- Remove from heat and let cool a little; then beat until mixture starts to
- Add vanilla extract and nuts.
- Fudge should be creamy but firm.
Variations: To make chocolate fudge, add 6 tablespoons cocoa to sugar, or add
peanut butter if peanut butter fudge is desired.