Butterscotch Rum Fudge
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Half-and-Half
- 1 (7.5 ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons imitation butter extract
- 11 ounces butterscotch chips
- Prepare an 8 inch square pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, add the butter, Half-and-Half, Marshmallow Creme and granulated and brown sugars. Stir to combine. Place over medium heat and stir constantly.
- When the mixture comes up to a boil. let boil for 5 minutes. Don't mistaken the air pockets from mixing for boiling.
- When the mixture has boiled for 5 minutes, remove from the heat and add in the extracts and butterscotch chips. Mix until the chips are completely melted.
- Pour into the prepared pan and tap a few times to smooth the top.
- Place in the refrigerator and let chill.
- Cut into small squares.
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / Teka77