Mackinac Island Fudge
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Mix milk, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt in heavy pan. Cook
over medium heat until boiling. Boil exactly 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar. Beat
with mixer until smooth and thick.
- Add nuts, if desired.
- Pour into a buttered pan and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Cut into pieces.
Peanut Butter Mackinac Island Fudge: Reduce butter to 1/4 cup
and add 1/2 cup peanut butter.
Chocolate Mackinac Island Fudge: Use basic, adding 1/2 cup cocoa
with the confectioners' sugar.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.