Mackinac Island Fudge
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix milk, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt in heavy pan. Cook
over medium heat until boiling. Boil exactly 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar. Beat
with mixer until smooth and thick.
- Add nuts, if desired.
- Pour into a buttered pan and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Cut into pieces.
Peanut Butter Mackinac Island Fudge: Reduce butter to 1/4 cup
and add 1/2 cup peanut butter.
Chocolate Mackinac Island Fudge: Use basic, adding 1/2 cup cocoa
with the confectioners' sugar.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fudge Recipes