Maraschino Cherry Fudge
- 1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa or Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Maraschino cherry halves, well drained (optional)
- Slivered almonds (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil.
- Lightly press chopped cherries between layers of paper towels to remove
- Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute
or until melted; stir in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and evaporated milk until
well blended. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes; stir vigorously.
- Microwave at HIGH an additional 30 seconds at a time, until mixture is hot,
slightly thickened and smooth when stirred. Do NOT boil.
- Stir in chopped cherries, pecans and almond extract.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Remove foil; cut into squares.
- Garnish with cherry halves and slivered almonds pressed lightly onto fudge,
- Serve cold.
- Refrigerate leftover fudge.
For best results, do not double this recipe.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fudge Recipes