Maraschino Cherry Fudge
- 1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa or Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Maraschino cherry halves, well drained (optional)
- Slivered almonds (optional)
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil.
- Lightly press chopped cherries between layers of paper towels to remove
- Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute
or until melted; stir in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and evaporated milk until
well blended. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes; stir vigorously.
- Microwave at HIGH an additional 30 seconds at a time, until mixture is hot,
slightly thickened and smooth when stirred. Do NOT boil.
- Stir in chopped cherries, pecans and almond extract.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Remove foil; cut into squares.
- Garnish with cherry halves and slivered almonds pressed lightly onto fudge,
- Serve cold.
- Refrigerate leftover fudge.
For best results, do not double this recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.