Martha Washington Fudge
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can flaked coconut
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate bits
- 4 ounces melted paraffin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Gradually mix in sugar, then blend in milk.
- Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Let stand for a while and then shape into balls.
- Melt chocolate and paraffin in top of double boiler over simmering water,
just until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Keep warm.
- One by one, spear coconut balls on a wooden pick and dip into chocolate
- Place on wax paper-covered baking sheet until coating hardens.
- Store in an airtight container.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.