- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatine
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Butter an 8-inch square pan.
- In a 3 1/2-quart saucepan, mix sugar with dry gelatine.
- Add milk, corn syrup, chocolate and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, to 238 degrees F on candy thermometer,
or until a little in cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed
- Remove from heat; pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Cool for 25 minutes.
- Beat with wooden spoon until candy thickens.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Let cool; then cut into squares.
Yield: about 2 1/2 pounds
Variations: In place of walnuts stir in 1 cup of any of the following: coarsely
chopped pecans, coconut, whole toasted almonds, party mints, butter mints or crushed
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fudge Recipes