Mexican Orange Fudge
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup liquid non-dairy coffee creamer
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel, fresh or dried
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Caramelize 1 cup of the sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat.
Do not stir, but watch closely and tilt pan so that sugar melts evenly and does
- Slowly and carefully pour the boiling water into the caramelized sugar,
and stir to mix.
- Add the remaining sugar, creamer and salt. Cook over medium heat, and stir
until all ingredients are mixed and mixture comes to a boil. Without stirring,
cook until mixture reaches 238 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm (pan bottom is barely warm to the
- Beat until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape.
- Fold in grated orange peel and nuts.
- Spread in a buttered 8-inch square dish, and cut into squares.
Yield: about 4 dozen pieces
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.