- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Few grains salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Put sugar, cream and few grains of salt into a saucepan. Cook and stir over
moderate heat. When at the boiling point, add the 1/8 teaspoon salt. Clip a
candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan. Cook to the soft ball stage (234
- Remove from heat; add, without stirring in, the butter.
- Let stand until almost cold.
- Beat until the fudge is no longer glossy and is thick and creamy.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle vanilla extract over the fudge. Work it into the fudge with your
- Press the fudge into a shallow pan lined with wax paper.
- When firm, cut into squares.
Yield: about 1 pound
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fudge Recipes