Orange Caramel Fudge
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 pound mixed nuts coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a saucepan dissolve the sugar with the cream and baking soda over medium
heat, stirring constantly. Bring mixture to a boil and stop stirring. Continue
to boil the mixture until it makes a thick syrup that forms a ball when dropped
into cold water (firm ball stage).
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter, orange peel, nuts and a
pinch of salt. Beat the mixture well until it becomes quite thick.
- Pour fudge onto a buttered plate.
- When cold cut fudge into 1-inch squares
or drop by teaspoons onto a large buttered platter.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fudge Recipes