- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Rind of 2 oranges, grated
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Heat milk in double boiler.
- Caramelize 1 cup sugar in deep heavy saucepan.
- Stir in orange juice and hot milk.
- Stir in remaining sugar and orange rind. Cook, stirring often, to soft ball
- Remove from heat and add margarine.
- When cool, beat until creamy and stir in nuts.
- Pour out onto a greased platter, and cut into squares.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.