Broken Glass Candy
Yield: 2 1/4 pounds
- Confectioners' sugar
- 3 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light Karo syrup
- 1 cup water
- Food coloring
- 1 teaspoon oil flavoring*
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar onto 2 (15 x 11 inch) cookie sheets.
- Combine sugar, Karo syrup and water in heavy saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Continue to cook, without stirring, until syrup reaches 290 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add food coloring to desired intensity and the desired oil flavoring.
- Pour onto cookie sheets, cool and break into small pieces.
* available at pharmacy in flavors such as cinnamon, anise, wintergreen, spearmint, lime