Red Rock Candy
Yield: 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red cinnamon candies
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy 3 quart saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, about 10 minutes or until mixture reaches soft ball stage or 234 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Add cinnamon candies; cook, stirring constantly, to hard crack stage or to 300 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Quickly pour into a buttered 13 x 9 inch pan.
- To serve, break into small pieces.