Red Rock Candy
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red cinnamon candies
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy 3-quart saucepan; cook over low heat,
stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cook over medium heat, stirring often,
about 10 minutes or until mixture reaches soft ball stage or 234 degrees F on a
- Add cinnamon candies; cook, stirring constantly, to hard crack stage or to 300
degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Quickly pour into a buttered 13 x 9-inch pan.
- To serve, break into small pieces.
Yield: 1 1/2 pounds
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.