- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- Few drops food coloring
- 1 teaspoon oil of peppermint or spearmint extract (optional)
- Oil molds with olive or vegetable oil.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, vinegar, and water together in a deep saucepan.
Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Bring to a boil over high heat. Do
not stir the mixture during cooking. Place a candy thermometer in the syrup and
boil until it reaches 290 degrees F.
- Add the food coloring and any flavoring.
- Remove from heat and pour into molds. Do not scrape the sides of the pan or
you will get sugar crystals in the candies.
- If you pour it into flat pans, score it before it cools or break into pieces
after it is dry.
- Store in a cool, dry place in an airtight container.
Yield: about 1 1/2 pounds
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.