Tia Maria Penuche
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons Tia Maria liqueur
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter.
- Add sugar and milk and stir well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until candy reaches the soft-ball stage (235 degrees F to 240 degrees F).
- Remove from heat and add remaining butter without stirring.
- When candy has cooled (sides of pan will be barely warm), add nuts and liqueur.
- Beat until candy is no longer glossy.
- Spread in a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Cool completely, then cut into squares.