Tia Maria Penuche
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons Tia Maria liqueur
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter.
- Add sugar and milk and stir well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until candy reaches the soft-ball
stage (235 degrees F to 240 degrees F).
- Remove from heat and add remaining butter without stirring.
- When candy has cooled
(sides of pan will be barely warm), add nuts and liqueur.
- Beat until candy is no longer glossy.
- Spread in a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Cool completely, then cut into squares.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.