Champagne Cocoa Truffles
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons champagne
- Cocoa or confectioners' sugar
- In a heavy medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Add cocoa and stir until smooth.
- Blend in sweetened condensed milk; stir constantly until mix is thick, smooth
and glossy, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour mix into a medium bowl and
let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in champagne, cover and refrigerate until firm, 4 to 5 hours.
- Take a small amount of mix at a time and form into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Roll in cocoa or confectioners' sugar.
- Place balls on wax paper-lined cookie sheet and refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen candies