Chocolate Frangelico Truffles
- 8 ounces fine quality sweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico liqueur
- 1/3 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground salted cashews
- Using a double boiler, place chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter in top pan of
double boiler and slowly melt the chocolate, stirring with a wooden spoon. When
thoroughly blended, remove from heat. Add remaining butter and Frangelico. Add confectioners'
sugar to mixture. Using an electric mixer on low speed, blend until smooth and creamy.
Cover and place in refrigerator for 1 hour until cool.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into 1-inch balls and put on large platter. Spread
ground cashews on large sheet of wax paper. Roll balls in ground nuts, coating evenly
and return to platter. Cover and chill until firm.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator and allow truffles to reach room temperature.
If the chocolate mixture is too dry, add melted butter, 1 teaspoon at a time.
You may choose to melt the chocolate using a microwave. If you do, stop every 30
seconds to stir, so the chocolate does not bubble. Use a rubber spatula.