Chocolate Liqueur Truffles
These are quick, easy and impressive. You can use almost any of your favorite liqueurs. Try hazelnut, orange, Irish cream or chocolate liqueur.
- 2 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, pecans, pine nuts, almonds or hazelnuts
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup favorite liqueur
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 6 ounces white baking bar, chopped
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the chocolate wafer crumbs, chopped nuts, confectioners' sugar and liqueur. Add enough of the water so crumbs hold together. Shape mixture into 1 inch balls. Place onto prepared cookie sheet.
- In a small, heavy saucepan heat semisweet chocolate and shortening over low heat until melted.
- In another small, heavy saucepan heat white baking bar until melted. With a fork, dip half of the cookies into the semisweet chocolate mixture to coat; place on cookie sheet.
- Dip remaining cookies into melted white baking bar to coat; place on cookie sheet.
- With the tip of a spoon, thinly drizzle white baking bar mixture in a zigzag pattern over cookies coated with semisweet chocolate.
- Repeat with semisweet chocolate, drizzling over cookies coated with white baking bar mixture. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
- Store in the refrigerator.