Baked Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1(14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and kept warm
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small can French fried onion rings
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
In a large skillet, cook ground chuck, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbles. Drain.
Return meat to skillet and stir in Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms and beef broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Combine hot cooked noodles and butter, stirring until butter melts.
Combine noodles and meat sauce.
Spoon into prepared baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Top evenly with French fried onion rings and bake 10 minutes longer.