Beef Tamale Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped mild green chiles
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained*
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 9 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 6 (3/4-ounce) slices white American cheese
- Sour cream, if desired
- Sliced green onion, if desired
- Salsa, if desired
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until no
longer pink; drain, if necessary.
- Stir in green chiles, corn and enchilada sauce.
- Place 3 tortillas in bottom of slow cooker; top with 1 1/3 cups meat mixture
and 2 cheese slices.
- Repeat layers twice except last 2 cheese slices.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3-4 hours or High heat setting 2-3 hours, or
- Turn off heat.
- Top with remaining 2 cheese slices. Cover; allow cheese to melt.
- Dollop each serving with sour cream; top with sliced green onion and salsa, if