Beef Tamale Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped mild green chiles
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained*
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 9 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 6 (3/4-ounce) slices white American cheese
- Sour cream, if desired
- Sliced green onion, if desired
- Salsa, if desired
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until no
longer pink; drain, if necessary.
- Stir in green chiles, corn and enchilada sauce.
- Place 3 tortillas in bottom of slow cooker; top with 1 1/3 cups meat mixture
and 2 cheese slices.
- Repeat layers twice except last 2 cheese slices.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3-4 hours or High heat setting 2-3 hours, or
- Turn off heat.
- Top with remaining 2 cheese slices. Cover; allow cheese to melt.
- Dollop each serving with sour cream; top with sliced green onion and salsa, if
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.