Boot Kickin' Tortilla Casserole
- 1 tri-tip, cooked in slow cooker
- 1 large onion
- Garlic, however much desired
- Chili powder, however much desired
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can El Pato Sauce
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound jack cheese
- 1 cup marble cheese
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Slivered green onions, for garnish
- Chopped tomatoes, for garnish
- Sauté onions and garlic.
- Add green chiles and meat to skillet.
- Sprinkle chili powder over meat mix and add tomato sauce and El Pato sauce. Simmer
for 15 minutes.
- While sauce cooks, fry tortillas in hot oil one at a time. Drain on paper towels
and cut into quarters.
- Beat cottage cheese and egg together and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of meat mixture in bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Layer with jack cheese, half the cottage cheese mixture and half the tortillas.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with marble cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese
- Serve topped with sour cream, green onions and tomatoes.
Source: Kelly Falsey for Beef Week 1997, Winner in Stews and Casseroles Division
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.