Fancy Shrimp and Egg Crescent Bake
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 12 eggs beaten
- 6 ounces (1 1/2
cups) cooked shrimp
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12 x 8-inch (2-quart) baking dish.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook onion and green pepper in 3 tablespoons
butter until crisp and tender.
- Add eggs, cook just until eggs are set, stirring
occasionally. (eggs will be moist on top) fold in shrimp and mushrooms.
- In medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Blend in flour, cook and stir
until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually add half and half, cook until mixture boils and
thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese and wine, if desired.
Stir until smooth.
- Fold sauce into scrambled egg mixture. Pour into greased pan or baking dish.
- Remove dough from can in 2 rolled sections (DO NOT UNROLL DOUGH). Cut each roll
into 6 slices, then cut each slice in half. Arrange 20 slices flat edge down around
edges of pan or baking dish, arrange remaining 4 slices in center.
- In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon butter and parsley, brush over dough slices.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until eggs are set and crust is golden brown.
stand for 5 minutes before serving.
8 to 10 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.