Layered Italian Casserole
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Contadina® Diced Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- 6 ounces Contadina® Tomato Paste with Roasted Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Contadina® Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 6 ounces rotini pasta, dried
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, or ground beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, cut and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, dried and crushed
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in skillet until browned; drain off fat.
- Stir in tomato paste, undrained tomatoes, beans, rosemary and cooked pasta; heat through.
- Spread half the mixture in 2-quart casserole.
- Combine ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella
and egg; spoon over sausage mixture. Spread remaining sausage mixture on top.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F, for 30 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella;
top with bread crumbs.
- Bake 5 minutes more to melt cheese.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 50 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
©Del Monte Corporation